Thank you for your interest in employment with the Chestatee Regional Library System.
Two Custodial Positions Available:
(1) DAWSON County Library and (1) LUMPKIN County Library
Each position: 15 HOURS per week; mornings
Salary: $9.50 per hour
Under the supervision of the Branch Manager, this part-time position is responsible for cleaning either library.
Included but not limited to:
- Clean all bathrooms daily: clean and disinfect toilets inside and out, clean walls of stalls, clean and disinfect sinks, clean mirrors, disinfect drains once a month, restock paper dispensers, clean and disinfect door handles.
- Vacuum the carpeted areas.
- Sweep and mop hard floors.
- Empty all trash receptacles.
- Wipe down the circulation desk and dust shelving as needed.
- Wipe down tables in public areas.
- Clean glass in foyer/lobby area,
- Dust/clean windows and blinds on a rotating basis.
- Dust/clean public computer tables and equipment.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Ability to learn and use the library’s custodial equipment and cleaning materials.
- Ability and willingness to understand and carry out oral and written instructions, and to follow through on numerous details in an orderly, systematic fashion.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Work typically involves moving, using, and adjusting a variety of equipment and materials.
- Able to lift 50 pounds and other strenuous physical activities; requires sustained operation of cleaning equipment such as vacuum cleaners, mop buckets, etc.
- Work includes exposure to cleaning chemicals, debris and dust.
High school education or GED. Previous paid custodian experience helpful but not required. Background check conducted prior to employment.
Please send completed application, cover letter, resume and references to CRLS Attn: Custodian Position, 342 Allen St., Dawsonville, GA 30534 or email documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Open until filled.
Please note – to be considered for an interview, applicant must submit the following:
- cover letter
- CRLS application
- three professional references
Incomplete application packets will not be considered. EOE
Submit letter, application, resume, and references to:
Leslie Clark, Director
342 Allen St.
Dawsonville, GA 30534
CRLS applications are available online and at both the Dawson County and Lumpkin County Libraries.