- Warm Up! Dahlonega Block Bee
January 15, 2011 10:00 AM - 02:00 PM
Lumpkin County Library -
Arts and Creativity
This winter, Lumpkin County Library will participate in Warm Up! America, a program that encourages people to knit or crochet 7" x 9" blocks, which are sewn together to form afghans. The library will give competed afghan's to local organizations that help those in need in the Dahlonega area. Bring your needles and we'll have snacks, yarn and templates. Help for crocheting and knitting newbies will be available.
IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO ATTEND WARM UP! DAHLONEGA EVENTS TO GET INVOLVED:
- Consider donating acrylic yarn, knitting needles or sewing needles to use for our block and finishing bees.
- Knit your own squares or afghans to donate.
- Beginning January 11 you can pick up templates and knitting instructions at Lumpkin County Library, where you can also drop off your donations through 3:30 PM on February 12.
- Call 706-864-3668 to sign up and help put blocks together anytime January 18 - February 12.
FOR HINTS ON JOINING THE BLOCKS, PLEASE VISIT THE WARM UP! AMERICA WEBSITE:
WARM UP! DAHLONEGA SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS:
- Use only acrylic yarns
- Use a 7” x 9” cardboard template and weave the tails, as it makes assembly much easier.
QUESTIONS? Call 706-864-3668.
Lumpkin County Library
342 Courthouse Hill
Check the description for complete details about the meeting area for these events.
EventList powered by schlu.net