Everyone should check their withholding. Due to tax law changes, it’s especially important to check now if you:
- Are a two-income family
- Have two or more jobs at the same time
- Work a seasonal job or only work part of the year
- Claim credits like the child tax credit
- Have dependents age 17 or older
- Itemized your deductions on your 2017 return
- Have high income or a complex tax return
- Had a large tax refund or tax bill for 2017
Use the IRS Withholding Calculator to do a Paycheck Checkup
- The IRS Withholding Calculator helps figure out if you should submit a new Form W-4 to your employer.
- Have your most recent pay stub and federal tax return on hand.
- The calculator’s results are only as accurate as the information you enter.
- Find the IRS calculator at IRS.gov/withholding.
Learn more about the Tax Reform laws at www.irs.gov/tax-reform.