Collection Management Librarian
Full time, exempt
Salary & Benefits: GA State professional position, $47,518; Paid annual leave, sick leave & holidays. State
Health Benefit Plan, Flexible Benefits and Teacher Retirement System of Georgia.
Available: Oct 1, 2019
Closing Date: Friday, Sep 13, 2019
The Collection Management Librarian plans, organizes, develops and administers all activities of the Technical Services department to position it to accomplish the library’s strategic plan. Manages and assesses the library’s collection, acquisition and cataloging of library materials, interlibrary loans and borrows, maintaining the database of library holdings, and supervising Technical Services staff and volunteers. Reports to the Director.
- Master’s Degree in library/information science (MLS) from an ALA-accredited program with a Georgia Certificate of Librarianship Grade 5 or higher.
- Three (3) years of experience in collection development, cataloging, and selection of materials in a public library. Will consider other combinations of cataloging, collection development, selections of materials, and public library experience that provide the required knowledge and skills.
- Knowledge of collection development practices.
- Valid Georgia Driver’s License and good driving record.
- Preferred: Experience with PINES and PINES Acquisitions Module.
Click here for more job details and instructions on how to apply.