If you need any help with the collection or help researching your family history feel free to contact the Information Specialist Agnes Gore at 706-864-3668 ext. 1014 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Madeleine K. Anthony Collection (1828-1988) contains information on Lumpkin County, many local families, mines, tourism and its development, schools, the Civil War, Gold Rush Days Festival, the Georgia State Capitol (as it relates to Lumpkin County), civic organizations and other Lumpkin County history topics. The Digital Library of Georgia presents parts of this collection online, and presents a finding aid for the entire collection with links to the items available online.
- Magdalene Christian Crowell Collection contains genealogy materials about Magdalene’s Christian and allied families. These materials include correspondence, notes, copies of partial indexes and entries from publications pertaining to specific families, copies and some original documents (including marriage records, deeds, wills, and store ledgers) and photographs.
- Ruth Rogers Williams Collection contains research procedures and notes on the genealogy of the Loughridge, Rogers, and allied families.
- Lorenzo Dow Davis Collection (1832-1893) contains documents formerly belonging to the Lorenzo Dow Davis family. Includes documents pertaining to the 1832 land lottery.
- Lumpkin County Heritage Collection contains original government documents (bound in ledgers and loose) of the Lumpkin County Office of the Supervisor of Elections and Registrar and the Lumpkin County Sheriff’s Office. It also contains various correspondence, proceedings, minutes, constitutions and bylaws, photographs and other materials from non-government community organizations.
- Benjamin P. Gaillard Collection (1877-1937) contains materials belonging to or pertaining to the Benjamin Gaillard family. These materials include Benjamin’s personal diaries and ledgers, the Gaillard Family Bible, and a bound book of letters written by Dr. Gaillard’s students entitled Messages from Friends.
Lumpkin County Library’s microfilm collection includes:
- Census Records
- Confederate Pension Applications
- Court Records
- Mint, Confederate Letters and Military
- Microfiche List
Click here to view or download the microfilm index.